18 Sep 2009: Departing Singapore

Left my home at 2.45 pm. The departure time of the flight (SQ818) is 1655h. It was rainy... but I didn't know how heavy it was until I stepped out of the house.

What was I doing the whole morning? Well, started the day working on a collaborative task with Jo (yes, still on-going... and it's going to be an 'overseas' collaboration - I guess you already know what I've packed in my haversack, which weighs about 3 kg). Sending one email after another, for a number of just-in-case. Also started making a couple of appointments. So, spent the entire morning and earlier part of the afternoon in front of that little screen. Yes, more importantly, got my luggage packed (in 2 hours) and called to process the Travel Insurance which I almost forgot... Thanks to all those past experiences! I'm seasoned :D

Travelling alone again... to China... am thinking, on the way to the airport, how different will this experience compared to the previous one (to Beijing). As mentioned in the tweet, the experience starts from the airline counter staff. Well, of course, SQ did not disappoint me :D

Next... started my shopping spree! OK, mum's fault, asking me to get the perfume & frangrances, and I ended up buying things worth almost my accommodation cost! and yes, first time having a carrier with me as I depart the country and start my exploration!

In fact, am accessing the free internet from Terminal 3. Hm... Pretty fast... Now it's 3.50 pm. Heading to the Boarding Gate now... Bye... and the next time I blog, I guess, I'm in Nanjing...

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment