21 Sep 2009: Nanjing Olympics Stadium (World Games) 南京奥运体育馆



It's the 1st place according to the MRT trail - at one of the terminal stations. The station was huge and there wasn't much people.

The exit of the stadium led to the Western Gate. Well, for a while, I wonder... Is the stadium open or close? Anyway, just follow the road and walk towards the stadium. Another structure emerged! It has a high-tech look - white, grey, red... wow! what a structure. So, that's the one mentioned in the website that I could view part of Nanjing from this tower.

It's dead quiet... There saw a security officer... The interaction was a pleasant one! I guess she might have encountered some visitors (like me) who just want to see what's the stadium is like. Very clear directions given to me to go reach the lift lobby where I met another security officer.

To my pleasant surprise, instead of just can't wait for me to pay the RMB10, she actually informed me that I might not have a clear view because of the rainy morning. Wow! Thankful to her 'forewarn' but I would not want to miss the chance to see see look look since I came all the way from Singapore (anyway, she didn't know I was a foreigner, I think).

The view was not very spectacular, partly because it was masked by the mist... However, it provides an overview of how the entire stadium looks like. It's grand! Really... and it added the millenimum look and feel. On the other hand, I also saw the new housing developments that are still taking place - just like housing estates. Guess it's one of those areas under residential development. On the other hand, it suddenly reminded me of the recent news that a couple of the buildings collapsed just before completion. That's scary!

Looking far... there's a river... Yes, accordingly to the map, it must be the Yangtze River (i.e. 长江 a.k.a. 扬子江). Thought of going to the park to view the river. Ok, I decided, I shall not...

No comments:

Post a Comment