21 Sep 2009: Xuanwuhu gongyuan 玄武湖公园



Another location that could be easily reached by the metro. From the map, it's the largest park/lake in Nanjing City - with 5 islands interlinked by bridges/roads. The 5 islands: 环洲,樱洲,菱洲,梁洲 and 翠洲.

Perhaps it's a Monday afternoon, or because of the morning rain? The park was pretty quiet. Got the ticket and paid for the ride. Well, was the only person on the tram, so I got a 'personal' guide cum driver (小刘)! She drove along and shared some highlights in the various islands in the park. For instance, it's where the archive library which stocked up resources dated back to Ming Dynasty, one of the islands belongs to a prince, etc.

What did I see? Perhaps I was not the kind knowing how to appreciate nature - what I gathered were: Greenaries and Water... Indeed, I think it's a place that could be given a miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment